Types of Assistance
The OCLTRG may provide assistance only for damage or loss that is a result of a disaster affecting the Ocean County area, and the range of services will be based on available resources. There may be a reduction in services or aid to an applicant that is affected by factors which may impact assistance. Please see our Eligibility page to review these factors.
The OCLTRG may provide assistance that is less than the total loss or damage. In cases where repair or related construction is involved, the OCLTRG will take prudent measures to ensure the ability to complete planned tasks with available resources before beginning any work.
Subcommittees within the OCLTRG may be able to address one, some, or all, of the following issues based individual case and available resources:
- Case management services
- Mental health services
- Outreach services
- Referral to other private and governmental resources
- Temporary rental assistance
- Temporary mortgage assistance
- Temporary utility assistance
- Provision or purchase of essential appliances, including refrigerators, freezers, stoves, furnace unit, washers, dryers, microwaves, small appliances
- Provision of essential used furniture and other household goods
- Provision or purchase of essential computer equipment necessary for children’s school or operation of home-based income-producing activity
- Purchase or provision of clothes and new shoes
- Purchase or provision of essential items for children, such as school supplies, bicycles, recreation and sports equipment
- Purchase or provision of essential used automobile necessary for medical transportation, work, school transportation or home-based income-producing activity (not to exceed $9,999.00)
- Purchase or provision of essential equipment for home-based income-producing activity
- Repair to household systems, such as electric, plumbing, heating and cooling
- Structural repairs needed to ensure safe, sustainable and stable housing
- Moisture control services and removal of mold and mildew
- Purchase or provision of goods and services necessary for mitigation and prevention of future loss
- Payment of medical expenses not covered by insurance or other sources of reimbursement
- Provision of other essential goods and services necessary for an individual or family’s recovery, not already specified.