Eligibility for Assistance
Before the criteria for service is even considered, the case must be determined as an appropriate Long Term Recovery Group (LTRG) referral by an approved Disaster Case Manager. In most cases that means the following:
- Disaster caused a serious, unmet need. It is something that the survivors cannot meet for themselves.
- It may be loss of housing, household goods, or an injury.
- It may be caused by stress.
- It is NOT a pre-disaster condition.
- It is NOT an ongoing social issue.
- It is not supposed to be an upgrade to the client’s living condition before the storm; however, this may happen in rebuilding in order to provide safe, secure, sanitary, and appropriate housing.
- It will be confirmed by the survivor, verified by a disaster case manager, and agreed upon by the Long Term Recovery Group Executive Committee.
Help is here. Your first step is to contact the Ocean County Long Term Recovery Group at 732-569-3484 or send an email to info@OceanCountyLTRG.org.