Criteria for Service
- Damage must be Superstorm Sandy related.
- The applicant must have applied to FEMA for assistance. * Exceptions will be considered on an individual basis.
- Applicants who refused SBA assistance are ineligible for LTRG assistance. * Exceptions will be considered on an individual basis.
- The Long Term Recovery Group’s repair, rehab and rebuild services are provided to owner-occupied primary residences in Ocean County. Assistance for rental properties will be considered on an individual basis.
- Applicants must provide financial records of income and expenses, assets, assistance received and receipts for disaster assistance that has been spent.
- The LTRG works to make homes safe, secure and sanitary and addresses unmet needs, not wants.
- Disaster Case managers serve only as advocates for applicants. There is no assurance of services to be provided or implied.
- Priority is given to households with disabled, low income, elderly, single parent or other extenuating circumstances.
- Assistance is based on the needs of applicant and the availability of volunteer and financial resources.
- The Long Term Recovery Group reserves the right to determine the assistance method. Final decisions to provide or deny assistance are certified by the Long Term Recovery Group Executive Committee.
Help is here. Your first step is to contact the Ocean County Long Term Recovery Group at 732-569-3484 or send an email to Info@oceancountyltrg.org.